See below for a taste of 2017 experiences.
$320 - includes the following:
Mix a handful of new wave winemakers with a good dose of funky beats, add an iconic Western Australian sunset, delectable, hearty food and you have arguably Margaret River Gourmet Escape’s hippest event. From the deck of Gnarabup Beach kiosk, watch the sun go down as the DJ spins the decks, and taste drops by Margaret River wineries. The volume goes up as the stars in the night sky start to shine.
Tickets include a glass of wine (additional drinks can be purchased) and a bountiful selection of food. Visitors can select dishes from the various food stations
Who knew? Within the magnificent grounds of Leeuwin Estate lies a secret haven hidden from all but special guests.
Join renowned Canadian chef and heatseeker Roger Mooking (host of Food Network’s “Man Fire Food”) at The Safari Club, a rustic barn surrounded by pristine Marri and Jarrah forest.
It’s a magical spot for our bunch of prestigious chefs to do what they do best – celebrate wood, flame, smoke and cooking the way it’s been done for centuries.
This year’s meat-mad maestros include Argentinian-inspired rockabillies Elvis Abrahanowicz and Ben Milgate (Porteno, Sydney), Canadian hunter-gatherer Michael Hunter (Antler Kitchen & Bar, Canada) and award-winning Adelaide forager Duncan Welgemoed, known for his contemporary South African style. (Africola, Adelaide).
Long, communal tables under a canopy of Jarrah trees will provide the quintessential West Australian backdrop for this series of atmospheric lunchtime feasts and candlelit dinners, each accompanied by Leeuwin’s award-winning wines and beer.
A visit to Margaret River Gourmet Escape presented by Audi is not complete without a visit to the Gourmet Village, located in the stunning surrounds of the renowned Leeuwin Estate Winery. Over the weekend of Saturday 19 November and Sunday 20 November (11am-5.30pm) the vineyard comes alive as festival-goers rub shoulders with some of the world’s best chefs and food and wine experts in a delicious, fun-filled environment.
Platinum guests will gain fast track access to the air-conditioned Leeuwin Estate retaurant with premium views over the festival, two glasses of Leeuwin Estate wine and local dishes prepared from interactive food stations.
Other packages also available. Please contact your Concierge Traveller advisor on 1800 047 047.
• Curtis Stone (Maude & Gwen, USA)
• Jancis Robinson OBE (Master of Wine, UK)
• Rick Stein (Chef & Restaurateur, UK) • Pierre Koffmann (Chef & Restaurateur, UK)
• Andre Chiang (Restaurant Andre, Singapore) *No. 14 • Alex Atala (D.O.M, Brazil) *No. 16 • David Thompson (Nahm, Thailand) *No. 28
• Ashley Palmer-Watts (Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, UK) *No. 36
• Rodolfo Guzman (Borago, Chile) *No. 42
• May Chow (Little Bao, Hong Kong) *Asia’s Best Female Chef
• Benjamin Cross (Mejekawi, Bali)
• Carlo Cracco (Ristorante Cracco, Italy)
• Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese Food, USA)
• Kris Yenbamroong (NIGHT + MARKET, USA)
• Kyle Connaughton (Single Thread Farms, USA)
• Michael Hunter (Antler Kitchen & Bar, Canada)
• Roger Mooking (Man, Fire, Food, Canada)
• Vijay Mudaliar (Native, Singapore)
• Luke Nguyen (Red Lantern, Sydney)
• Andrew McConnell (Cutler & Co., Melbourne)
• Guillaume Brahimi (Bistro Guillaume, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth)
• Shane Delia (Maha Restaurant, Melbourne)
• Peter Kuruvita (Noosa Beach House, Noosa)
• James Halliday, AM (Wine writer, critic and winemaker, VIC)
• Aaron Carr (Snake and Herring, Margaret River)
• Ben Milgate (Porteno, Sydney)
• Blair Allen (Amelia Park, Margaret River)
• Brendan Pratt (Vasse Felix, Margaret River)
• Clayton Wells (Automata, Sydney, Blackwattle, Singapore)
• Dan Gedge (Watershed Premium Wines, Margaret River)
• Dan Hong (Mr. Wong and Ms G’s, Sydney)
• Daniel Fisher (KU Dining, Perth)
• Dany Angove (Leeuwin Estate, Margaret River)
• Duncan Welgemoed (Africola, Adelaide)
• Elvis Abrahanowicz (Porteno, Sydney)
• Evan Hayter (Arimia, Margaret River)
• George Cooper (Food by the Chef, Margaret River)
• Heath Townsend (Wise Vineyards Restaurant, Margaret River)
• Huon Hooke (Writer)
• Iain Robertson (Cullen Wines, Margaret River)
• Jo Barrett (Oakridge Wines, Yarra Valley)
• Josh Niland (Saint Peter, Sydney)
• Josh Whiteland (Koomal Dreaming, Margaret River)
• Matt Okine (Comedian, actor/presenter and musician)
• Matt Stone (Oakridge Wines, Yarra Valley)
• Morgan McGlone (Belle’s Hot Chicken, Melbourne and Sydney)
• Nick Stock (Wine Writer)
• Paul Carmichael (Momofuku Seiobo, Sydney)
• Paul Iskov (Fervor, Margaret River)
• Russell Blaikie (Must Wine Bar, Perth)
• Sam Ward (Mas, Perth)
• Rhys Passmore (The Goose, Margaret River)
• Santiago Fernandez (Voyager Estate, Margaret River)
• Scott Bridger (Bib & Tucker, Perth)
• Seth James (Wills Domain, Margaret River)
• Tim Whitty (Kitchen Takeovers, Margaret River)
* Ranking in World’s Best Restaurants - http://www.theworlds50best.com/
Western Australia’s best kept secret, Injidup Spa Retreat is nestled right in the heart of the Margaret River region. Offering stunning ocean views and beautiful beaches, it is the ultimate getaway. Find out more >
We can do it all – advise, plan and book and we look after you on the journey.Meet our people